Career Academies UK
Presents the opportunity for students to broaden their future education and career choices.
Queens Park Community School is part of Career Academies UK. For the past six years we have created opportunities for students aged between 16 to 19 years old to be part of this great and exciting movement.
What are Career Academies UK?
Career Academies UK is supported by some of the biggest names in British business and by linking academic study with employment; the Career Academies UK programme presents the opportunity for students to broaden their future education and career choices.
Students aged between 16 -19 benefit from a wealth of opportunities including, academic business curriculum and real life working experience which enhances their education and employment potential and can be life changing.
Students on the programme get the opportunity to experience:
- A six week, high quality, paid internship with a major company during the summer, tailored to their area of interest.
- One - to - one mentoring with business professionals, giving the students an insight into the professional working life and direct support with students course work.
- Employer site visits.
- Role play and practice interviews with real employers.
- CV and application form development.
- Employer led seminars and events.
- Talks from business people who voluntarily share their expertise and experience (GURU lecture)
Employers and Businesses
We are seeking businesses to help provide:
- time for employee volunteers to act as mentors for young people
- paid internships opportunities for six weeks during the summer
- seminars and events for students that complement their curriculum studies
- support from senior business leaders on Local Advisory Boards
- role play interviews and CV development workshops
- in kind and financial support for Academy activities
If you are interested in getting involved with this exciting programme please contact Jayne Llewelyn on 020 8438 1290 or email Jllewelyn@qpcs.brent.sch.uk .